I'm trying to get in contact with my kids

In the aftermath of a breakup, it can sometimes be difficult for the non-resident parent to maintain contact with their children. We have child contact centres in both Dumfries and Stranraer where non-resident parent can spend time with their children. You can also use the centres to collect and return the children to the other parent at the start and end of visits. Parents do not have to see or speak to each other at contact centres.

You can spend time with your children in a supported or supervised centre.

If you would like our help to communicate better with your ex-partner and make practical arrangements for your children, family mediation might be for you.